Eximius Live-in Care are recruiting for a 54 year old gentleman who in 2016 sustained a severe spinal cord injury leaving him tetraplegic with a C3/4 injury. The was also diagnosed with an aggressive bowel cancer and had to have a proctocolectomy and resultant ileostomy. He will be moving to Norfolk in July to his new 5 bedroomed home and will require 24 hour living care.
The gentleman is looking to work with a team who are experienced in spinal cord injury and complex care. They must be confident, calm have a good sense of humour, like going out and about doing things like shopping, cinema, theatre and events, be able to cook, like sport and films, be non-smoking, English speaking and able to drive an automatic WAV vehicle. He is a very intelligent man so being able to have a conversation and build a relationship with an intelligent witty team who are in touch with what is happening in the world, as this is important to him. He used to travel the world so is very knowledgeable and was a very keen golfer but supports Newcastle United and loves Rugby.
- Carers must have a minimum of 2 years live-in care and extensive knowledge of Spinal injuries and autonomic dysreflexia.
- Be proficient in hoisting.
- Experienced in supporting with an ileostomy bag.
- Experienced with supporting with catheter care.
What we need from you:
- Genuine, kind, patient, compassionate, caring nature
- Reliable and committed to making a difference ‘every day’ to our clients.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and fluent English
- A driver.
What we offer in return:
- Salary of £900 per week.
- Paid travel in the UK.
- 20 days paid holiday and 8 days paid bank holiday.
- Face to face training and nurse led training.
- Ongoing support and supervision in the client’s home from our dedicated team
- Round the clock support and an out of hours service in case of emergencies
If you’d like to find out more, please call today on 01494 424222.
|Job Category||Live-in complex carer, Live-in spinal carer|